Overlapping/Stacking Fields in Farm Town

Overlapping/ Stacking Fields on Farm Town

Overlapping is different to Layering. Overlapping fields
is where you see one field on top of another and is visible to yourself
and anyone coming to your farm. It is not advisable to overlap and layer on
the same farm.

Instructions

Go to the farm you want to work on. Hide trees,buildings, decorations and flowers. Clear your farm of any previous plowing by using the big bulldozer. You do not need fuel to plow so fuel will not be a problem at this stage. I usually then plow just one line down the side
where I want to start my fields, top left corner to bottom left.
It’s up to you whether you use this method if you feel confident enough not to do this then that is up to you. If you have flowers, trees, buildings, decorations in the way see instructions first on how to plow under these things.

Set the farm you are working on as default farm. Now go to the plug icon (top right). Set of 6 icons it’s the 5th one along it should be green. Click on it and disconnect from farm town mainframe. It should now show plug icon with a red background.

Now go to the top right and right click on play and open
farm in new tab or window. Open the tab and you should just see the one
line of plowed fields. Go to the plug icon and disconnect from farm town
mainframe.

Now open another tab as instructed above and you should once
again only see the one line of plowed fields if you are using this
method. Set this farm to disconnect from farm town mainframe as well.

You should have three farms open now. Go back to the
first tab (far left). Plow this first field as you normally would. Now click on
save icon the first icon in the set of six top right of screen. A box will come
up that says “Save pending changes” click the green tick. Now close the tab or window.

Now on 2nd tab, second farm there may be a box that says reconnect to Farm Town mainframe, click on the red X, you should
still only see one line of fields plowed. Each plot has 4 rungs / grooves. You
need to put your next plow aligned to the second rung/groove of the first plot in the line of the plowed fields we are keeping there throughout each
farm.

Example

second rung.jpg

Keep each line of plowing the same level as your 2nd line of plowing.

Example

sample 2.jpg example 3.jpg

When you have finished plowing click the save icon which will again save pending changes and then close tab or window.

On 3rd tab, Farm 3 once again you may see the connect to Farm Town main frame box, click the red X. you should only see the line of plowing down the side you originally put there.Now next to the original line of plowing put your first plowed field aligned to the third rung/groove down.

Example
picture 3rd groove alignment

3rd groove.jpg

Continue plowing in the same way as you did when aligning to the 3rd
groove.

Example

more 3rd groove.jpg

When you have finished plowing DO NOT CLOSE TAB. Save pending changes and then put your farm back online by clicking on the plug icon and clicking on the green tick when the box comes up. Now go to play and click on that and it will reload your farm. Your plowing should look like the example below.

Example of overlapped

overlapped.jpg

You can now plow your own overlapped fields. Slashkey has enabled this because once you couldn’t you had to get someone else to plow for you.

This entry was posted in Farm Town Plowing, Tips and Tricks and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Overlapping/Stacking Fields in Farm Town

1. wendy says:

how do you do 6×6

2. Crystelle says:

plowing worked fine but when I sowed seeds I had to do each lot over 2 or 3 times…is this normal or have I done something wrong ?

3. Crystelle White says:

Will it matter if I have to save my work and come back to it later ?

4. I wasn’t sure I could do this but I gave it a shot and it was much easier than I thought it would be….thanks! :-)

5. Schmoozie Qu says:

great info…can’t wait to try it…thank you again for all your hard work on this awesome site…added a link to Farmtowntricks.com on my blog… :)

6. Jan says:

Thank you for the clear instructions. Worked the first time.

7. debbie darling davis says:

how do you get back to the plowed fields? i know on the layering as you “harvest” and then delete the unplowed fields, the next crop is there….i still dont understand why one would do the overlapping or stacked fields??? If you can plow, sow and harvest on the layered fields, why do the stacking????? And once you open and plow the different “overlapping” HOW DO YOU GET BACK TO THEM????

• Yashar says:

Now, that’s a complex sujcebt. I’m not a farmer. But, there’s many different schools of thought and variables to consider. Many BMP’s have been developed in response to caring for the land. We’re loosing topsoil to erosion at alarming rates, so no-till’ is becoming popular, along with crop rotation (to restore nutrients), companion planting, and so on. I’m sure there are many site-specific factors that come in to play including economics and perhaps, cuz we’ve always done it that way’ mentality. Pasture management/rotation is another topic when raising livestock controlling parasites and minimizing resistance. There’s so much to learn!

8. debbie darling davis says:

i overlapped 3 fields by plowing….how do i get back to them to plant. i understand stacking is different in that you plow first and then plant….why would you do the overlapping? HELP

9. I have had all sorts of people trying to tell me how to do this…every single time I opened a new tab it was farm 1 with all my stuff on it…after days of pondering and talking about this I came across your step by step directions and there it was…SET YOUR FARM ON DEFAULT…that was so easy….I thank you for being so specific in your directions…many thanks

10. Karen Middleton says:

If this works I’ll be commenting you back. I sure hope I can do this so I can do some serious game playing.

11. Alan says:

Thank you so much have been looking for this programe for ages, awesomeeee.

12. slartismum says:

In order to plant a layered field, just go about it as normal. You can use a 9×9 (for example) or a single seeder. The fields are just closer together.

13. slartismum says:

Does anyone know how to add on to a layered field so that the big end of the original field blends in with the new? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

14. slartismum says:

Has anybody discovered a way of adding to the bottom of a field that has already been plowed so that the big ‘end’ row blends in with the rest? I would love to know how to do this, please.

15. BETH CARROLL says:

IT IS NCE TO HAVE SOME PLACE TO COME AND FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION TO WORK OUR FARMS.. THANKS.. BUT I STILL WONDER HOW YOU PLANT THE CROPS AFTER YOU HAVE OVERLAPPED YOUR FARMS?

16. Del says:

This may be a silly question but..How do i set a farm to be my default farm? Thank you.

• Angela says:

Not a silly question it is covered in guides for newbies but I will explain. where you have the name of your farm i.e. Dale Farm 1, it’s a brown oval with white writting. Click on that and a pop up menu will appear. You can rename your farm or just below it says make default farm tick the box and that farm becomes your default.

17. CF_Cathy says:

Worked like a charm, first try!!! Thanks so much for the very clear step-by-step instructions!! Woo Hoo!!

18. Vicki says:

Excellent, clear instructions! Worked perfectly :) Thank you so much.

19. Karen says:

This worked brilliantly! Thank you so much for the instructions!

20. Contra Catie says:

Glad to say that this still works, even after the 4/22/2011 update!!